How does a balloon drive or a bending rod drive work? What is the difference between a friction drive and a rubber-band drive? How can wind be used as a drive? This set provides a glimpse into how different types of drives work.
- The brawny off-road vehicle with functioning steering and suspension can also be combined perfectly with the Motor Set XM and Control Set for remote control ability.
- The instructional teaching and activity guide provides a great deal of interesting information on the principles behind the models.
- Contains 280 components (including a friction motor) for building 8 different models: Vehicle with Steering, Balloon Drive, Bending Rod Drive, Wind Drive, Off-Road Truck, Buggy with Pullback Motor, Rubber Band Motor, Trike with Pullback Motor.
- Can be combined with the fischertechnik Motor Set XM, Control Set, Sound + Lights, and Accu Set for added capabilities.
- Requires a regular 9V battery (not included), or if you prefer, all models can also be powered with the fischertechnik Accu Set (sold separately).
- Comes packed in sturdy plastic Gratnell's storage box.
- Recommended: 1 set per every 2 students.